Supporting high-functioning members of the special needs community
The SAIL Foundation is a charitable fund of the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Donations are tax deductible. Our desire is to develop a self-sustaining program empowering SAIL Foundation clients toward independent living before their parents are no longer able to care for them.
The SAIL Foundation was launched by parents of young adult men with disabilities and supportive members of our community. “Our boys” have difficulty maintaining employment and social contacts. Their high-functioning abilities make it difficult for them to engage successfully in typical support service programs.
SAIL clients face challenges associated with a variety of disabilities such as Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder (PTSD), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), and Aspergers Syndrome, which is on the Autism Spectrum.
Because neurological disabilities are not always obvious, the unique needs of this group are often overlooked and frequently misunderstood in society. Most individuals in this group go through life with the least amount of help from our communities.
We are community members working together…
Our mission is to create a sustainable, supportive, residential base for high-functioning members of the special needs community, equipping them for independent living through a flexible and guided culture of support.
EMPOWERING INDIVIDUALS FOR SELF-SUFFICIENCY
Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- “People give through the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan because it makes sense. We make charitable giving as simple as possible and manage funds so that they grow over time and have a lasting impact on our community.”
- The SAIL Foundation is a charitable fund of CFOS, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Donations are tax deductible.
Community Living Corporation Foundation
- “Providing quality care for developmentally disabled through community based living”.
- CLC advocates on behalf of people who are disabled, sponsoring programs to enhance the quality and enjoyment of life for its clients.
- CLC is dedicated to providing financial services and other forms of assistance to persons with persistent disabilities.